I know I keep saying I'll post more often but the thing is: I'm tired! LOL! I always THINK about posting.. If that counts :P
I haven't forgotten my loyal readers.
So, last month, for the whole month of July, I battled abdominal pain and relentless nausea. I lost nearly all of the weight I gained during my horrible bowel obstruction/pain fest in April. The lining of my stomach became inflamed from my daily doses of NSAIDs to control pain. I was getting headaches a lot, so I took Naproxen for that. I was getting back pain, so I took Advil or Naproxen for that. Suddenly, I was pale and anemic and looked like death. Possible stomach bleeding. Joy.
So, off to the doctor I went. I saw a new doctor who told me I have IBS (I was already diagnosed with this several years ago), but wants me to be checked out for IBD (Crohn's, ulcerative colitis) as per my gyne. Now I'm waiting for a call with a date for my colonoscopy. I keep having scary dreams about getting the call and going to the hospital for the procedure. I don't know why this particular procedure scares and worries me. I guess I'm worried about the preparation. I'm also going to miss work.
I've had digestive problems for years but this year, it's gotten worse. I could have died last spring from the obstruction. Right now, I feel as if scar tissue or endo is building up again because I've had to go like.. 3 times today and I've only been up for an hour. Also, it's very painful! I get sharp pains, and I get pelvic and back pain after using the washroom. It's awful. I might have to give up my day shifts because of this.
I'm still exhausted from the anemia. I'm slowly building my iron levels back up by eating spinach and taking my iron supplements as well as a B vitamin complex. Yesterday I slept for 12 hours.. I didn't get anything done because I was simply too wiped out to do it. I also had to work six days in a row last week as well.. Sheesh! I also have ulcers in my mouth that won't heal, and a wound on my foot which started out as an irritation from my shoe which became an infection.
Right now I'm taking a break from hormone therapy because I've had bone pain during weight-bearing exercises.. I worry about my bone density because I'm already small and I can't have dairy products. Last night I had hot flashes! This is just a never-ending adventure for me, isn't it? Lol! I have digestive problems, I'm worried about my bone density, and I have hot flashes. I sound like a 60 year old woman! Good grief..
I really hope I start feeling better soon!
I hope you start feeling better soon too!! I am so sorry for the constant "maintainance" that endo brings. Thinking of you xo
ReplyDelete