Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Welcome Wagon

Ok I have some things to get off my chest!
I went to Manitoba for a week. The trip was fantastic. I left all my problems and worries at home and as a result, I experienced very little to no pain. I only had pain on Monday because I think I may have been ovulating.

I came home on Tuesday, weary from jet lag. I had gotten up in Winnipeg at 5:30am, which at home is 3:30am. Anyone with endometriosis or IBS knows that sudden changes in person's schedule can really mess you up. My IBS flared up the most.
The change in diet (I normally eat the same thing every day and at roughly the same time) and the change in water and sleep cycle caused some very unpleasant bathroom experiences. I already pee every half hour or more depending on the amount of water I drink.. I added going to the bathroom for the "other thing" quite often too! Lol! Ouchie.
Lots of cramping, bloating, and general discomfort.
Well, I got yelled at for "spending too much time in the bathroom" by someone I live with. It made me very upset because said person knows I'm sick. The lack of understanding was very hurtful to me, and the fact that this person had to communicate the fact that I visit the toilet frequently with profanities and such a loud voice also brought me down. I've only been home for two days now and I feel very unwelcome. In fact, I feel "homesick" for a place that wasn't even my home!
I'm depressed, and unmotivated to do anything. My appetite is gone, my stomach hurts, I cry a lot.. I'm very tired. It's so unfortunate to feel unwelcome in your own home. Like a burden or an intruder. I don't like having to use the bathroom all the time either. It was especially hard while I was traveling.
I know I'm probably not a burden on my family, but it's very hard for me to ask for help. Surgery is upcoming and I'm going to need assistance. Will it annoy them if I need help with things? I honestly have no idea. I'm nervous about the post-op recovery rather than the surgery itself. My family will also be leaving for 5 days around Easter so I'll be home by myself during that time. I hope I'm okay by then.

I hope I start feeling better soon. I was so happy and energetic on my trip. I don't feel like myself at home..

No comments:

Post a Comment