Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I Have A Consult

I've been off work for two weeks now and it's driving me mad.

I'm also stressing out about my financial situation. I've been paying into EI for 3 years and I am jumping through hoops just trying to get a little bit of that money. I'm on medical LOA for two months and my doctor still hasn't gotten my forms filled out. I've called twice now and I've now had to e-mail HO at my company to see if they have any luck with him.

I have a diagnosis and tests, it's just a matter of getting them all in order now. I really hope that I'm still eligible for EI even after all this. There's no doubt I'm in pain, and that I'm sick. I've been having stomach issues since I stopped taking narcotic painkillers. I'm now on NSAIDs, and one of them is really harsh on the stomach. It's called Indomethacin. Even the rabeprazole I take daily to help protect my stomach is no match for this stuff.
Sometimes I just don't take painkillers. Except, on those days I'm pretty useless. Today I managed to get by with just Advil. I've been getting a lot of bad headaches lately that feel like migraines but a little less severe. Still, it's no match for the pain that the growth on my ovary has caused me. The other night, the left one decided it wanted to join the pain party.
I haven't had a decent night's sleep in a few nights. All I can do is lay down, toss and turn, and maybe get a couple hours in. I wake up nauseated, and in a cold sweat every time.
The stress is getting to me pretty bad as well. There's been several days where I've just been so depressed I don't want to do ANYTHING. My job used to be my escape from the prison that's my mind and I no longer have that. Still, I can't help but think that things could be a lot worse.

There's also been a lot of earthquakes in the area apparently, although I haven't felt any of them. A couple hit Haida Gwaii the other day. It's too far for me to be affected though, but the seismograph picked up activity nearby as well. Kind of exciting stuff!

Hmmm let's see what else is new.. OH YES. I GOT A CONSULT. I see my gyne, (I had to get a referral from my family doctor) and I have an appointment on November 13th. We are going to discuss SURGERY. I want this shit out of me so damn bad.
I'm also so over this hormone therapy, but I have to stay on it.. I might have to come off it for the surgery though like I had to with the last procedure. The worst part about a laparoscopy is that you aren't allowed any NSAIDs for a week prior. That's a lot of T3s then dude. I've successfully gotten myself off of the tramadol. The side effects were pretty bad for the first few days and hung around for about a week. I now only take it when I absolutely have to. I'm not taking it as daily pain relief anymore. I can't believe how easy it is to get hooked on that stuff.
I hate narcotics. I hate feeling cloudy in the head, tired, slow, and completely useless. I can't even focus on a video game when I take them (unless it's T3s, those do nothing, probably because of the weak dosage of codeine, and the fact that I have a higher tolerance for them now).
I've been drinking green smoothies everyday. Since iron pills make me feel like shit, I just eat a cup of spinach daily. Maybe more since I squash it right into the blender and cram as much as I can in there. I bought a container of spinach and used like half of it in one smoothie, so now I buy the big bags of it since I go through it so fast. They're really good because I mix them with mango, avacado, some mint, Vanilla Chai Vega, and apple juice.

Tomorrow is Halloween and I'm hoping that I feel well enough to be able to take my niece out trick-or-treating. I have never taken her out before so it's quite exciting. I really hope the pain stays away and that I can walk.

I will try to keep this updated. Right now I need to get me some tea or something for my aching belly.

Night night!



No comments:

Post a Comment