I figured I would post an update regarding my urologist appointment yesterday.
I wasn't feeling any sort of worry or anything until today, when the pain started.
Before I jump into that, I'll talk about the appointment.
It was very awkward.
First of all, I was the only young woman in the room. Everyone else there were elderly men and some of them had their wives with them. I waited to see the doctor for about an hour, and I filled out some papers.
The doctor asked me a lot of questions, and at the end I was handed some papers.
One has an appointment for a kidney ultrasound on April 10th.
One has an appointment for a cystoscopy on April 17th.
One is a requisition for urine testing, and the last one was a list of foods to avoid with sensitive/painful bladder conditions. Until the tests are done, I won't have any idea what's wrong.
Just recently I've been experiencing kidney pain. Sometimes it's so bad I feel nauseous and I can barely sit or stand.. It comes out of nowhere and it's very alarming. My bladder is also very overactive. Today I've been going every half hour. I'm very tired because I can't sleep well when I have to constantly go to the bathroom. Whatever the problem is, I feel it's getting worse.
I won't lie.. I'm a little scared. I worry I damaged my body with painkillers.. I worry my endometriosis has spread. I worry I have something completely different. I worry that there's nothing wrong and it's all in my head.
I called in sick to work today. I feel incredibly guilty about it because I was feeling better.. And then the pain came out of nowhere. It gets worse after going to the bathroom.. Which means it gets worse every half hour.
I'm going to try and rest now because I'm wiped out.
Thanks for listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment